Hi Internals,

Thomas and I are working on updating the ext/dom to add support for the
current DOM Living Standard API as standardized here:
https://dom.spec.whatwg.org/

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/dom_living_standard_api

This RFC is targeting 7.4 and contains three independent changes:

- a set of new methods and interfaces that can be implemented BC as
addition to the existing ext/dom.
- a removal of a few "dead" classes that are exposed to userland, but
neither documented nor containing implementation code.
- a compatibility layer to switch the implementation between DOM Level 1-3
and the Living Standard in places where BC is not possible.

A pull request includes a nearly complete implementation of the new
methods, but nothing of the cleanup/compatibility yet:
https://github.com/beberlei/php-src/pull/1

We are looking forward for your feedback.

greetings
Benjamin