On 28/05/2019 20:24, Dan Ackroyd wrote:
I also happen to think people should only vote no if they think the
change is something that adds too much complexity to PHP's internals
for the change to be worth it

I see where you're coming from with that, but there is also a cost to *users* in having more variants and complexity in syntax to understand and be tripped up by, even if it actually mad the internals simpler for some reason. I don't personally think that applies here, but it's a reason someone voting might decide to consider.

Regards,

--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]