I left that out of scope for the RFC, for reasons I don't have the
knowledge to describe properly. In the following example, `unset()` should
reset the auto increment to `1` only after the third `unset()` call

```
$array = [0, 1, 2, 3]; // auto increment is 4 because there are "holes" in
the index
unset($array[1]); // auto increment is still 4
unset($array[2]); // auto increment is still 4
unset($array[3]); // auto increment is 1, because the index sequence is
contiguous, without holes
```

I would love if it worked that way, but that must be covered separately by
someone that knows how to implement it efficiently.

For now, my RFC only makes sure that foreign references in particular will
receive arrays with normalized and predictable "auto increment" values.

Wes