Two separate topics on this message:

First - I wanted to point out that my fierce defense of the hebrev()
function does not in fact extend to hebrevc().  As much as I think the RFC
was really wrong about hebrev(), and we got scarily close to deprecating a
functionality that - while somewhat esoteric - can be extremely useful and
cannot be easily replicated in any way - I have to say that I think the RFC
is pretty much correct on hebrevc().  I don't think it's very plausible
hebrevc() is still in use today - and even if we're missing something and it
is - it can be implemented in a one liner with 100.00% compatibility.  While
I don't think it brings much value to deprecate it - perhaps sending the
message that you shouldn't be using it for HTML bears some level of value.
I voted in favor.

Now, with that said - I would really encourage everyone who voted on this
RFC (as well as ones who haven't) to take a look at what I would call the
'contentious votes' in there.  In a nutshell, votes with a substantial
amount of people voting against the deprecation.  If you voted 'yes' for one
of these - please consider, for a moment, whether your position on it is
"It's evil, I really think we're better off without it" or whether it's more
of a "I don't think it's very useful".   If it's the former - by all means,
keep your vote.  But if it's the latter - please consider the possibility
that the fact that a substantial number of people feel strongly enough about
keeping it to vote against the deprecation (and let's admit it - against the
odds), may mean it is, in fact, useful - even if you don't find it useful
yourself.

While we can argue whether consensus-based voting makes sense for votes in
general, I think it's tenfold more important when dealing with deprecations.
If there's a substantial minority that thinks a feature is still useful - we
should keep it - unless there's a real tangible cost associated with keeping
it.  For most of the proposed deprecations - that cost is simply not there.

For reference, this is what consensus looks like:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/asfgt98rss3xyw2/consensus.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iia7ua4xh6bihe3/consensus2.PNG?dl=0

And this is what it doesn't look like:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/56jdl2v1lpxba49/no-consensus.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hj8jozuun7a4w42/no-consensus2.PNG?dl=0

To connect with the first point - the hebrevc() vote certainly looks a lot
more like the latter than the former, but I do believe it's mostly related
to confusion with hebrev() and as the author of both - I feel comfortable
supporting its removal :)

Thanks for your consideration,

Zeev