On 09/08/2019 08:15, Zeev Suraski wrote:
I'm unable to follow that part either.  Would appreciate some further
elaboration to make it clearer what you have in mind in these three
paragraphs...

My read of what Nikita was suggesting was some kind of per-file or per-package versioning system that would operate at compile time to add new features at compiler / parser level, and presumably keep them running on the same VM.

What I am less sure about is how it would handle BC between versions of the API, the example I gave was reflection and union types.

Perhaps I mistook his intention.

Mark Randall