Hello,

if you would drop zend engine as is and the idea behind it (which is most
difficult thing to admit and accept),
then use llvm-core. Making:
-- lexer, parser grammar
-- reference counting
-- type hint policies
-- builtins container
-- JITTER for compatibility.
-- bytecode
-- LLVM bytecode
-- symbolicated machine code
-- and so on

it's like picking your nose; meaning easy-peasy: when you have that in
place creating an other
dialect and 10000 of them will be same; or even experimenting new
features...

it  will benefit the language at all:
- runtime execution, memory, exception handler  (`normally` handled)
- extension ecosystem you could autopen biddings without introducing bugs
from people.

Best.