Den 2019-09-10 kl. 15:31, skrev Nikita Popov:

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 11:33 AM Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi internals,

I think it's time to take a look at our existing warnings & notices in the
engine, and think about whether their current classification is still
appropriate. Error conditions like "undefined variable" only generating a
notice is really quite mind-boggling.

I've prepared an RFC with some suggested classifications, though there's
room for bikeshedding here...

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/engine_warnings

Regards,
Nikita

Heads up: This RFC may go to vote tomorrow.

Nikita

Hi,

I recall an issue brought up about treatment of logfiles in production environment
where PHP warning messages show up.

Now, this RFC reclassifies some notices to warnings and some warnings to errors. Now suppose one have as a strategy to correct warnings & errors in logfiles, given
that this RFC will lead to new items showing up in logfiles.

Is it then worth mentioning in the RFC how this will affect handling to correct warnings & errors in logfiles? E.g. face the changes and fix  it or write some
clever error handler to manage it or just try to suppress the new items.

Anyway, I'm in favour of this RFC since it gives a more consistent classification
of notices, warnings & errors.

r//Björn L