On Thu, Oct 10, 2019, 4:35 AM Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > it into some kind of proxy war. Yes, "it breaks backwards compatibility
> for
> > questionable benefit" is an argument against this proposal, it is even a
> > *very good* argument against it, but it's also no mandate to shut down
> the
> > discussion entirely.
>
> Well, anyone is free to continue the discussion forever and ever
> (there's no real way of "shutting down" it), but if there a *very good*
> argument against it, then the point of continuing would be.... ?
>
> --
> Stas Malyshev
> smalys...@gmail.com
>
> --

For as long as I can recall, there would always be an argument against and
for a debate.

An argument against doesn't stop the RFC from going on, coz if it does
there won't be anything to vote on since the RFC started to become a thing.

Even unanimous votes still have argument against it that didn't get to show
up in the vote, either because those arguing against it isn't voting or
something changed along the way.

Argument is a good way to life.