On 27/10/2019 02:12, Mike Schinkel wrote:
Hello all:
And for everyone:> What do you think of this as a potential future for PHP?

I had received the impression that a lot of the problems for performance optimizations relate to how PHP can shift things around at runtime, where identical code at the run-site means something completely different in practice because the same class name or function has been included from one file, rather than another.

I imagine if PHP had full knowledge of all its state, that might provide an avenue for additional optimizations.