Most radio listening takes place in the car or while doing other things that
allow freedom for the ear, but not the eyes and hands.  Podcasts permit a shift
of listening time from a set appointment to virtually any convenient occasion.

Apart from the originating program’s web site, most programs are made available
through any number of other amalgamation sources such as iTunes and TuneIn.
Some of the best radio comes from the public networks of the UK, Australia,
Ireland, Canada, New Zealand and the U.S.  Here’s a small sample:
——

“Citizen Kane”
WITNESS - BBC World Service
In 1941 the young Orson Welles revealed his first film. He had written,
directed and starred in, the story of a great American press baron who dies
bitter and alone. Hear archive interviews with Orson Welles about the movie,
and the inspiration behind it.  (9”)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03tknsf

“Beatrix Von Storch"
WITNESS - BBC World News
Stephen Sackur speaks to Beatrix von Storch, the AFD Alternative for Germany
deputy leader and member of the European Parliament. The far right is on the
rise in Germany- opinion polls and recent regionalelections suggest the AFD is
winning significant support with its anti-immigration, populist message. The
country's mainstream politicians have responded by branding the party
xenophobic and dangerous. Could the AFD shatter Germany's post war political
consensus? (30")
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/n3ct0c2y

“The Business of Human Rights; Cory Taylor on Dying"
LATE NIGHT LIVE - ABC Radio National
Human rights lawyer Michael Posner's work has taken him from documenting abuses
in Uganda, Burma and China to a stint inside the Obama administration. Now he's
opened the first human rights centre inside a business school at New York
University. It's goal? To turn huge corporations into good global citizens.
Cory Taylor was first diagnosed with melanoma back in 2005. So she has had a
long time to think about her death which in the last couple of years has become
imminent. She reflects on why we don't talk about death more and why we can't
assert the same control over our death that we do over our life? Cory writes
about the lessons she learnt from her own parents' deaths and her hopes for her
own death. (54”)
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/latenightlive/may-23,-2016/7439086

——

Good listening!

John Figliozzi
Editor, "The Worldwide Listening Guide"
New 7th edition now available from Universal Radio, Amazon and W5YI.com