Call for Book Proposals

Studies in Political Philosophy Series
Wilfrid Laurier University Press
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

The Wilfrid Laurier University Press (Ontario, Canada) and
the editoral board of the new Studies in Political
Philosophy Series would like to receive submissions from
academic scholars.

Global migration, MTV, transnational capital, and
colonialism have given birth to a new and smaller world. To
a greater degree than at any other time in remembered
history, different cultures are brought together to live
side by side. This close proximity has brought new mixtures
and exciting possibilities - and also new struggles and
conflicts. From many quarters comes an urgent call to build
a sense of political belonging and unity in a diversity of
voices. The call to unity is not, however, for uniformity or
hegemony in one particular way of life. The unity to which
we refer requires a rethinking and reconceptualization of
existing philosophical paradigms that guide our
relationships with others. In the spirit of intercultural
dialogue, our Studies in Political Philosophy series is
dedicated to exploring key challenges to our changing world
and its needs. We are particularly interested in submissions
that challenge dominant existing frameworks and approaches.
We invite submissions in areas including Multicultural
Theory, Aboriginal Studies and Philosophy, Post-colonialism,
Globalization, Critical Race Theory, Feminism, and Human
Rights Philosophy.

Please note that due to funding issues, Canadian authors
will be given priority and are especially encouraged to
apply.

Editorial committee for our Studies in Political Philosophy
series:

James Tully, Political Science, University of Victoria
Rhoda E. Howard-Hassmann, Global Studies and Political
   Science, Wilfrid Laurier University
Frank Cunningham, Philosophy, University ofToronto
Lynda Lange, Philosophy, University ofToronto
Audra Simpson, Anthropology, Columbia
Sonia Sikka, Philosophy, Ottawa
Bidyut Chakrabarty, Political Science, University of Delhi
AllisonWeir, Philosophy, Wilfrid Laurier University
Chandrakala Padia, Political Science, and Director of
   Women’s Studies, Banaras Hindu University
Dale Turner Native American Studies, Dartmouth
Michael Murphy Political Science, University of Northern
   British Columbia
Kimberly Rygiel, Political Science, Wilfrid Laurier
   University
Ashwani K. Peetush, Philosophy, Wilfrid Laurier University

For further information, please contact the series editor,
Ashwani Peetush.

Contact:

Ashwani Peetush
Associate Professor of Philosophy