Location: Patna (India)
Date: 3.–4.1.2017
Deadline: 30.11.2016

Theme

In general, conflict is collision or disagreement of groups or
persons. Conflicts occur when people perceive that, as a consequence
of a disagreement, there is a threat to their needs, interests or
concerns. Although conflict is a normal part of life of human being
providing numerous opportunities for growth through improved
understanding and insight, variously it results into negative
situations and abnormally difficult circumstances like war.

In present global era we live in a pluralistic world. The various
dimensions and perspectives of humanity like our belief and value
system, our lives, our attitudes and approach, our religion and
culture are the constituent elements of pluralistic human world.
These diversified aspects of human beings give rise to the
conflicting situations in this pluralist world because of the
confronting values, ideas and religions. The variety of ideologies
and beliefs poses problems for us when any one of them is regarded as
the supreme and absolute truth and the rest of them are considered to
be of no use.

Perhaps pluralism will be seen, as it already is by many today, as a
positive influence on society, enriching the lives of all while, at
the same time, narrow and compartmentalized attitudes have given rise
to the competitions and conflicts among different cultures and
religions. Resurgence of political radicalism motivated by religion
and expressed in religious terms in the last couple of decades has
spread renewed awareness and experience of destructive interreligious
relations among people in all continents.

In this grave situation the core question are: what will be the
proper way to live in this pluralistic society? What are the core
conflicts of this pluralistic society? Is this conflict merely
religious in nature or what are other/ related factors?

Suggested sub-themes are:

1. Cross-cultural human situation and Confronting Ideologies
2. Dimensions and Problems of Pluralist World
3. Politics of Identity and Civilizational Conflict
4. Factors behind Religious Conflict and Intolerance
5. Fundamentalist outlook of Religious Groups
6. Religious Liberalism
7. Role of Inter-faith dialogue in Conflict Resolution
8. Role of Social and Distributive Justice in Conflict Resolution
9. Role of Social and Moral Values in Conflict Resolution

Abstract

Please send the abstract and a brief C.V. to Neelima Sinha and Veena
Kumari (veenee....@gmail.com) and (cua-...@cua.edu) until November
30, 2016. Presentation of accepted papers will be 20 minutes in
length followed by 20 minutes discussion. Full papers (for which in
order to promote in-depth investigation there is no upper page limit)
will be published by the RVP.

Logistics

Travel expense and accommodation will be covered by the participants
(or their institutions).

Contact

Dr. Neelima Sinha
Magadh University