Location: Kolkata (India)
Date: 7.–9.1.2018
Deadline: 2.9.2017

Abstracts: 150 words
Deadline for submission: 2 September 2017
Submit abstracts to the Conference Director,
Dr. Chandana Chakrabarti at chandanac...@gmail.com;
also send a copy to iccsaexcha...@gmail.com.

Acceptance of proposal will be mailed within 2 weeks or earlier to
participants.

Subtopics:

Concept of Person and Personal Identity;Society and Media; Society
and Women Empowerment; Language and Cultural Identity; E-Culture,
Sociology of Culture; Semiotics of Culture; Cultural Relativism;
Culture and Ethnology; Cultural Diplomacy; Folk Culture; Material
Culture; Culture of War; Transfer of Culture; Morality: Nature or
Culture; Culture and Morals; Culture and Global Ethics; Theology of
Culture; Globalization of Culture; etc.

Subtopics are suggestive only. Conference organizers are open to
other relevant topics addressing the theme.

Scholars can bring also their students to join the undergraduate
competition and “Encounter India program”.

Undergraduates can also submit papers for international competition.
The best 2 papers selected will be awarded a trip inside India to the
Safari along with free tickets to Tribal Dance and cultural programs.

Advisory Board Members:
Yolanda Espina (Portugal), Tommi Lehtonen (Finland), Debkumar
Mukhopadhyya (India), Deven Patel (USA), Nina Petek (Slovenia),
Rizwan Rahman (India), Ming Shao (China), Dibyendu Talapatra (India),
Richard Vulich (USA), Su Chen Wu (Taiwan), Yanling Xu (China)

Scholars from different corners of the world join our conferences.

The Cambridge Scholars Press has published seven books co-edited by
members of our advisory board from selected papers from our last
conferences. We also publish papers in our Journal of Indian
Philosophy and Religion if the theme of the paper is in the area of
publication of the Journal.

Conference website:
https://sites.google.com/a/lclark.edu/sipr/sipr/kolkata