ahahahahahah

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sports/football-indonesia-side-mulls-cup-pullout-after-hong-kong-chaos/585387

Football: Indonesia Side Mulls Cup Pullout After Hong Kong Chaos
April 12, 2013

Cash-strapped Indonesian football club Persibo was on Thursday deciding whether 
to withdraw from the AFC Cup after a “shameful” performance in Hong Kong when 
they ran out of players, forcing the match to be abandoned.

The game against Sunray Cave JS Sun Hei on Tuesday was called off in the 65th 
minute with the Indonesians trailing 8-0 after six of their players had gone 
off the pitch with injuries.

The club only had 12 players available for the match, with some having left 
after the side’s major shareholder stopped paying the team and staff in 
January, and others suspended.

The result was yet another embarrassment for football in Southeast Asia’s 
biggest nation, which has been mired in controversy for the past two years with 
two rival federations running separate leagues.

“Our performance was certainly shameful, a disgrace to Indonesia,” said Imam 
Nurcahyo, spokesman of the club from the East Java province, admitting 
financial problems caused the chaos.

“Their morale was low, they were owed salaries, they were jet-lagged and tired. 
We were so broke we only bought flight tickets the night before the match and 
flew in on the match day.”

Nurcahyo blamed the Indonesian Football Association (PSSI) for forcing the club 
to participate when they did not want to, and said they were now considering 
pulling out of the tournament, with two matches left to play in their group.

“PSSI said Indonesia would lose future match slots if we pull out and promised 
to provide funding. It never did,” Nurcahyo explained.

“We are angry to be blamed so perhaps the best thing to do now is to withdraw.”

He said the club’s management were meeting on Thursday with local authorities — 
who used to own the club — to make a decision on whether to continue in the 
competition.

The PSSI however blamed poor management at the club, with association official 
Rudolf Yesayas saying that some player contracts had been drawn up only two 
days before tournament registration.

Hopes were raised last month order would be restored to the troubled world of 
Indonesian football after the PSSI and the Indonesian Soccer Rescue Committee 
(KPSI) agreed to unite, with the KPSI becoming part of the PSSI.

Agence France-Presse

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Kirim email ke