Ref:  Bagi yang mau pergi ke Arab Saudia, hendaklah hati-hati ada virus 
berbahaya (Coronavirus) untuk keshetan badan.

http://arabnews.com/news/452040

KSA coronavirus cases stand at 31
  a..  
  French Dr. Eric Senneville talks about the novel coronavirus at the Tourcoing 
Hospital in Tourcoing, France, in this May 14, 2013, photo. France is among the 
countries which had confirmed cases of the new SARS-like virus. (AFP)



Arab News

Saturday 18 May 2013

JEDDAH: Another case of novel coronavirus infection in the eastern part of the 
kingdom was confirmed by the Ministry of Health on Saturday.
"One case of coronavirus has been recorded in the Eastern region, and he is now 
under the medical health care receiving the proper treatment," the MOH said in 
a brief statement posted on its website.
The new discovery brings to 31 the total number of coronavirus infections in 
the Kingdom, mostly in the eastern town of Al-Ahsa, since the SARS-like virus 
first emerged in September 2012.
Known as novel coronavirus, or nCoV, the new virus is from the same family as 
those that cause common colds and the one that caused the deadly outbreak of 
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) that emerged in Asia in 2003.
Most of the infections were in Al-Ahsa and a few were reported in Jeddah and 
Riyadh, said the MOH.
Last week, the MOH and World Health Organization (WHO) said 15 of the nCov 
victims in Saudi Arabia have died.
WHO said it had been informed of a total of 40 laboratory-confirmed cases 
worldwide, including 20 deaths.
Other nCoV cases have been reported in Britain, Germany, France, Jordan and 
Qatar.
On May 14, the MOH confirmed the discovery of two new victis and the WHO later 
said these were health workers who caught the virus from patients.
“This is the first time health care workers have been diagnosed with (novel 
coronavirus) infection after exposure to patients,” the Geneva-based UN health 
agency said in a disease outbreak update.
With the new twist, the WHO said: “Health care facilities that provide care for 
patients with suspected nCoV infection should take appropriate measures to 
decrease the risk of transmission of the virus to other patients and health 
care workers,” it said.
It also advised health care providers to be “vigilant among recent travelers 
returning from areas affected by the virus” who develop severe acute 
respiratory infections.
The Saudi Health Ministry on Monday announced that it had hired infectious 
disease specialists from the US and Britain to help local scientists in 
fighting the spread of coronavirus in the Kingdom.
The MOH has posted on its website (www.moh.gov.sa) and on social media a number 
of medical tips and guidelines to the public to raise awareness of the new 
virus.


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Kirim email ke