Inline

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 1:56 PM, klaus Schoenborn <kschoenb...@cadfem.de>
wrote:

> Hi there,
> I am new to IOIO. I am currently working on a project to install a
> Smartphone into a glider cockpit. The IOIO-OTG board is hosted by a PCB
> Board from Soartronic http://www.soartronic.net. I do have an issue in
> communicating with the most recent IOIO-OTG board over USB cable.

> is connected to the Smartphone via USB cable.
> The communication is set up 10 out of 10 attempts when the IOIO Board is
> connected to the Smartphone via Bluetooth dongle.
>
> Hardware used:
> IOIO Board = IOIO-OTG from Spankwire
> IOIO Lib = 000504
> Application Firmware = IOIO0500
> Bootloader Firmware = IOIO0401
> Hardware = SPRK0020
>
> All the other details on hardware/software/testruns can be found in the
> attached text file.
>
> Q #1: Has this been reported before ?

Not as far as I can remember. Usually when problems are connected they are
"never connecting" as opposed to "almost never connecting".

> Q #2: Is the hypothesis that this is an IOIO-OTG Boot issue reasonable ?

Almost certainly not. There isn't really any "booting" in the IOIO firmware
in the normal sense. The initialization code is very deterministic, I
wouldn't expect it to change its behavior between attempts. In other words,
if it were broken I would expect it to always fail.

> Q #3: If #1 and #2 are true: Is there something that I can do about it ?

A few possible causes:

   - IOIO oscillator is miscalibrated. Recalibrate using the procedure
   described on the IOIODude wiki page.
   - Flaky power supply. If you're not 100% certain about your supply, try
   a different one, possibly one that is not exactly 5V, but more and one that
   is rated for at least 1A.
   - The current limit pot on the IOIO is too agressive. Turn it fully
   clockwise.
   - IOIOLib issue: I've recently made some changes to the OpenAccessory
   area of IOIOLib, reported by several users to have increased reliability. I
   haven't release this yet, but the latest master from GitHub has it.

> I can stick with Bluetooth, but the original plan was to power the
> Smartphone over the IOIO-OTG Board. Thanks in advance for helping me.

USB should be much more reliable than BT, almost by definition. You
shouldn't be seeing any issues with a proper setup. This has been tested
very rigorously.