Hi.

I bought an IOIO and tried to learn how to program it - but failed. I have
no Java experience (but was happy to learn) but found setting up the whole
Java/Android JDK environment very complex. I got the first demo app going,
but managed to mess the system up trying to load a new library and never
got it going again.

I am just a hack hobbyist. I set up an Arduino with GPS and a compass to
autopilot my son's RC car successfully and thought it would be fun to do
the same with a tablet and an IOIO. Perhaps include a map? But I found the
whole development environment too complex for me and I never got to even
first base. The IOIO has been in my bottom draw for a year now ....

Is there an easier/simpler development environment for hobbyists like me?

I read about the Google Dart and Flutter systems and they sounded like a
more managed systems that might be easier for me. Is there any chance IOIO
could be more easily programmed through this environment? (Although Flutter
is not yet on Windows ...)

Thanks.

Barry