On 4/18/2013 1:35 PM, Joerg Roedel wrote:
On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:59:58AM -0500, Suthikulpanit, Suravee wrote:
One last concern I have for this patch is the case when we re-enable
the interrupt, then another interrupt happens while we processing
the log and set the bit.  If the interrupt thread doesn't check this
right before the thread exits the handler.  We could still end up
leaving the interrupt disabled.
That can't happen, the patch checks whether the bit is really 0 and then
it processes the event/ppr-log entries. If any new entry is queued while
we process the logs another interrupt will be fired and the irq-thread
will run again. So we will not miss any log entry.
According to the "kernel/irq/handle.c:irq_wake_thread()", I thought that for the threaded IRQ, if the system getting a new interrupt from the device while the thread is running, it will just return and do nothing.

Suravee

        Joerg