On Mon, 2014-03-17 at 09:30 -0600, Alex Williamson wrote:

> I think you've likely already figured out, but it should be stated in
> this thread, yes interfaces do rely on the insane "tell me if you
> unmapped more than I asked for" API.

I'm going to decouple this patch from that question by adding a simple
hack at the start of iommu_unmap() to look at the page tables and see
the size of page that happens to be mapped, then increase the size
parameter accordingly. Then assume sanity from that point onwards.

That's basically the same as my other suggestion of augmenting
iommu_iova_to_phys() to return the size information, but as a private
implementation detail.

--
dwmw2