On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Sricharan R <sricha...@codeaurora.org> wrote:
> The msm_iommu.c driver currently works based on platform data.
> A single master device can be connected to more than one iommu and multiple
> contexts in each of the iommu. This association between master and iommus was
> represented from platform data using parent/child devices. The master drivers
> were responsible for attaching all of the iommus/context to a domain. Now the
> platform data support is removed and DT support is added. The master/iommus
> are
> added through generic iommu bindings.
>
> This is essentially rework of the patch posted earlier by
> Rob Clark <robdcl...@gmail.com>. This series folds the changes in to the
> existing driver with the addition of generic bindings.
>
>         http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-arm-msm/msg10077.html
>
> Tested this series on ifc6410 board.

btw, the current state, at least on linaro integration branch, fault
handling doesn't work so well (ie. device never gets resumed).. which
is a bit unfortunate for a gpu (and results in a *lot* of rebooting on
my part when debugging userspace).  I haven't had time yet to compare
to the ancient downstream driver, but not sure if you have any ideas?

I guess probably disabling stall on fault would help.  But I'm not
even getting the "Fault occurred in context.." prints.  Seeing the
fault iova is pretty useful since that plus gpu cmdstream trace helps
me figure out which texture/etc is being accessed out of bounds.

BR,
-R