On 3/8/2017 12:55 AM, Dave Young wrote:
On 02/16/17 at 09:45am, Tom Lendacky wrote:
[snip]
+ * This function determines if an address should be mapped encrypted.
+ * Boot setup data, EFI data and E820 areas are checked in making this
+ * determination.
+ */
+static bool memremap_should_map_encrypted(resource_size_t phys_addr,
+                                         unsigned long size)
+{
+       /*
+        * SME is not active, return true:
+        *   - For early_memremap_pgprot_adjust(), returning true or false
+        *     results in the same protection value
+        *   - For arch_memremap_do_ram_remap(), returning true will allow
+        *     the RAM remap to occur instead of falling back to ioremap()
+        */
+       if (!sme_active())
+               return true;

From the function name shouldn't above be return false?

I've re-worked this so that the check is in a different location and
doesn't cause confusion.

+
+       /* Check if the address is part of the setup data */
+       if (memremap_is_setup_data(phys_addr, size))
+               return false;
+
+       /* Check if the address is part of EFI boot/runtime data */
+       switch (efi_mem_type(phys_addr)) {
+       case EFI_BOOT_SERVICES_DATA:
+       case EFI_RUNTIME_SERVICES_DATA:

Only these two types needed? I'm not sure about this, just bring up the
question.

I've re-worked this code so that there is a single EFI routine that
checks boot_params.efi_info.efi_memmap/efi_systab, EFI tables and the
EFI memtype.  As for the EFI memtypes, I believe those are the only
ones required.  Some of the other types will be picked up by the e820
checks (ACPI, NVS, etc.).

Thanks,
Tom

+               return false;
+       default:
+               break;
+       }
+
+       /* Check if the address is outside kernel usable area */
+       switch (e820__get_entry_type(phys_addr, phys_addr + size - 1)) {
+       case E820_TYPE_RESERVED:
+       case E820_TYPE_ACPI:
+       case E820_TYPE_NVS:
+       case E820_TYPE_UNUSABLE: