Hi Sinan,

On 19/05/18 18:25, Sinan Kaya wrote:
> Nothing specific about this patch but just a general observation. Last time I
> looked at the code, it seemed to require both ATS and PRI support from a given
> hardware.
>
> I think you can assume that for ATS 1.1 specification but ATS 1.0
> specification
> allows a system to have ATS+PASID without PRI.

As far as I know, the latest ATS spec also states that "device that
supports ATS need not support PRI". I'm referring to the version
integrated into PCIe v4.0r1.0, which I think corresponds to ATS 1.1.

> QDF2400 is ATS 1.0 compatible as an example.
>
> Is this an assumption / my misinterpretation?

In this series you can enable ATS and PASID without PRI. The SMMU
enables ATS and PASID in add_device() if supported. Then PRI is only
enabled if users request IOMMU_SVA_FEAT_IOPF in sva_init_device(). If
the device driver pins all DMA memory, it can use PASID without PRI.

Thanks,
Jean