well, it depends on which scenario is talked here.

for native SVA with device driver in kernel, your description is correct.

for native SVA with device driver in user space, then user space needs to
see/hold PASIDs and program them to device specific register.

for virtual SVA (vtd case), Qemu needs to see/hold PASIDs and pass to
guest upon any PASID allocation request thru a PV channel, as you just
saw in another thread. :-)

Thanks
Kevin