Hi Robin,

On Fri, Aug 09, 2019 at 06:07:37PM +0100, Robin Murphy wrote:
> This is a big refactoring of arm-smmu in order to help cope with the
> various divergent implementation details currently flying around. So
> far we've been accruing various quirks and errata workarounds within
> the main flow of the driver, but given that it's written to an
> architecture rather than any particular hardware implementation, after
> a point these start to become increasingly invasive and potentially
> conflict with each other.
>
> These patches clean up the existing quirks handled by the driver to
> lay a foundation on which we can continue to add more in a maintainable
> fashion. The idea is that major vendor customisations can then be kept
> in arm-smmu-<vendor>.c implementation files out of each others' way.
>
> A branch is available at:
>
>   git://linux-arm.org/linux-rm  iommu/smmu-impl
>
> which I'll probably keep tweaking until I'm happy with the names of
> things; I just didn't want to delay this initial posting any lomnger.

Thanks, this all looks pretty decent to me. I've mainly left you a bunch
of nits (hey, it's a refactoring series!) but I did spot one pre-existing
howler that we should address.

When do you think you'll have stopped tweaking this so that I can pick it
up? I'd really like to see it in 5.4 so that others can start working on
top of it.

Cheers,

Will