On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 07:24:25PM +0200, Nicolas Saenz Julienne wrote:
> I'll be happy to implement it that way. I agree it's a good compromise.
>
> @Christoph, do you still want the patch where I create 'zone_dma_bits'? With a
> hardcoded ZONE_DMA it's not absolutely necessary. Though I remember you said
> it
> was a first step towards being able to initialize dma-direct's min_mask in
> meminit.

I do like the variable better than the current #define.  I wonder if
really want a mask or a max_zone_dma_address like variable.  So for this
series feel free to drop the patch.   I'll see if I'll pick it up
later or if we can find some way to automatically propagate that
information from the zone initialization.