On 13.11.2019 22:11, David Miller wrote:
> From: Laurentiu Tudor <laurentiu.tu...@nxp.com>
> Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 12:24:17 +0000
>
>> From: Laurentiu Tudor <laurentiu.tu...@nxp.com>
>>
>> This series introduces a few new dma unmap and sync api variants that,
>> on top of what the originals do, return the virtual address
>> corresponding to the input dma address. In order to do that a new dma
>> map op is added, .get_virt_addr that takes the input dma address and
>> returns the virtual address backing it up.
>> The second patch adds an implementation for this new dma map op in the
>> generic iommu dma glue code and wires it in.
>> The third patch updates the dpaa2-eth driver to use the new apis.
>
> The driver should store the mapping in it's private software state if
> it needs this kind of conversion.

On this hardware there's no way of conveying additional frame
information, such as original va/pa behind the dma address. We have also
pondered on the idea of keeping this in some kind of data structure but
could not find a lock-less solution which obviously would bring
performance to the ground.
I'll let my colleagues maintaining these ethernet drivers to get into
more details, if required.

---
Best Regards, Laurentiu