On 9/2/2020 3:38 PM, Nathan Chancellor wrote:
[snip]
Hello Nathan,

Can you tell me how much memory your RPI has and if all of it is

This is the 4GB version.

accessible by the PCIe device?  Could you also please include the DTS
of the PCIe node?  IIRC, the RPI firmware does some mangling of the
PCIe DT before Linux boots -- could you describe what is going on
there?

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with how to get this information. If
you could provide some instructions for how to do so, I am more than
happy to. I am not very knowleagable about the inner working of the Pi,
I mainly use it as a test platform for making sure that LLVM does not
cause problems on real devices.

Can you bring the dtc application to your Pi root filesystem, and if so, can you run the following:

dtc -I fs -O dtb /proc/device-tree -f > /tmp/device.dtb

or cat /sys/firmware/fdt > device.dtb

and attach the resulting file?

Finally, can you attach the text of the full boot log?

I have attached a working and broken boot log. Thank you for the quick
response!

Is it possible for you to rebuild your kernel with CONFIG_MMC_DEBUG by any chance?

I have a suspicion that this part of the DTS for the bcm2711.dtsi platform is at fault:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2711.dtsi#n264

and the resulting dma-ranges parsing is just not working for reasons to be determined.
--
Florian