Hi Jason,

[...]
> If you(Intel) don't have plan to do vDPA, you should not prevent other vendors
> from implementing PASID capable hardware through non-VFIO subsystem/uAPI
> on top of your SIOV architecture. Isn't it?

yes, that's true.

> So if Intel has the willing to collaborate on the POC, I'd happy to help. E.g
> it's not
> hard to have a PASID capable virtio device through qemu, and we can start from
> there.

actually, I'm already doing a poc to move the PASID allocation/free interface
out of VFIO. So that other users could use it as well. I think this is also
what you replied previously. :-) I'll send out when it's ready and seek for
your help on mature it. does it sound good to you?

Regards,
Yi Liu