On 2020-11-09 09:12, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Fri, Nov 06, 2020 at 10:00:25AM -0700, Logan Gunthorpe wrote:
We make use of the top bit of the dma_length to indicate a P2PDMA
segment.

I don't think "we" can.  There is nothing limiting the size of a SGL
segment.

Right, the story behind ab2cbeb0ed30 ("iommu/dma: Handle SG length overflow better") comes immediately to mind, for one. If all the P2P users can agree to be in on the game then by all means implement this in the P2P code, but I don't think it belongs in the generic top-level scatterlist API.

Robin.