在 2021/6/22 下午4:14, Yongji Xie 写道:
On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 3:50 PM Jason Wang <jasow...@redhat.com> wrote:

在 2021/6/22 下午3:22, Yongji Xie 写道:
We need fix a way to propagate the error to the userspace.

E.g if we want to stop the deivce, we will delay the status reset until
we get respose from the userspace?

I didn't get how to delay the status reset. And should it be a DoS
that we want to fix if the userspace doesn't give a response forever?

You're right. So let's make set_status() can fail first, then propagate
its failure via VHOST_VDPA_SET_STATUS.

OK. So we only need to propagate the failure in the vhost-vdpa case, right?

I think not, we need to deal with the reset for virtio as well:

E.g in register_virtio_devices(), we have:

        /* We always start by resetting the device, in case a previous
         * driver messed it up.  This also tests that code path a little. */
      dev->config->reset(dev);

We probably need to make reset can fail and then fail the register_virtio_device() as well.

Thanks

Thanks,
Yongji