Based on new discussion on group ownership part (patch06), I feel this
many<->many relationship will disappear. The context fd (either container
or iommufd) will uniquely mark the ownership on a physical device and
its group. With this design it's impractical to have one device bound
to multiple iommufds. Actually I don't think this is a compelling usage
in reality. The previous rationale was that no need to impose such restriction
if no special reason... and now we have a reason. 😊

Jason, are you OK with this simplification?

> That's why I was suggesting a concept like endpoints, to break this
> into two many<->one relationships.  I'm ok if that isn't visible in
> the user API, but I think this is going to be really hard to keep
> track of if it isn't explicit somewhere in the internals.

I think this endpoint concept is represented by ioas_device_info in
patch14:

+/*
+ * An ioas_device_info object is created per each successful attaching
+ * request. A list of objects are maintained per ioas when the address
+ * space is shared by multiple devices.
+ */
+struct ioas_device_info {
+       struct iommufd_device *idev;
+       struct list_head next;
 };

currently it's 1:1 mapping before this object and iommufd_device,
because no pasid support yet.

We can rename it to struct ioas_endpoint if it makes you feel better.

Thanks
Kevin