On Fri, Oct 01, 2021 at 09:25:05AM -0300, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 01, 2021 at 04:19:22PM +1000, da...@gibson.dropbear.id.au wrote:

No.  Both windows are in the same IOAS.  A device could do DMA
simultaneously to both windows.  More realstically a 64-bit DMA
capable and a non-64-bit DMA capable device could be in the same group
and be doing DMAs to different windows simultaneously.

> > Or rather, it *might* need to supply both.  It will supply just the
> > 32-bit range by default, but the guest can request the 64-bit range
> > and/or remove and resize the 32-bit range via hypercall interfaces.
> > Vaguely recent Linux guests certainly will request the 64-bit range in
> > addition to the default 32-bit range.
>
> And this would result in two different IOAS objects

There might be two different IOAS objects for setup, but at some point
they need to be combined into one IOAS to which the device is actually
attached.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson