On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 03:48:36PM +0200, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> On 2005-03-16 13:34 +0100, Edwin Steiner wrote:
> > My question is: What would be the best way to make this window alignment
> > configurable (left,right,center,...)? Should window gravity be used for 
> > that? 
> > Or Lua?
> 
> Gravity is probably not usable, as it is usually set to NorthWest.
> The proper way to add such a configuration option would be a new winprop
> -- which could support most of the gravity values, though. Additionally,
> this could be useful for configuring positioning of transients... So,
> if you improve this patch, please make it do that too.

Ok, I'll do that.

I looked at the winprop stuff and there seem to be two ways
to handle a winprop:

    1) use extl_table_gets_...(cwin->proptab,key,...) directly,

    2) translate the winprop to a member of cwin in
       clientwin_get_winprops and then use this member.

I suppose I should use 1), right?

The winprop would be a string with valid values being:
    Center
    North
    NorthWest
    NorthEast
    ...
(case insensitive)

I'm not sure about the name of the winprop:
    client_gravity
    client_alignment
    ??

If it is called client_alignment, people will likely be expecting
    top
    bottom
    left
    right
to work, too, and maybe also topleft, topright, ...

-Edwin

Reply via email to