Hi,

I'm afraid I know nothing about how X applications
request various things, so I'm wondering if someone
here already knows this: if I've got an application
which has many X windows, is there anything it can do
(at the sourcecode level) to request a particular one
of its windows become the active window for in its
current frame. (This is more restricted than one
program asking that another should become the active
window; in particular I guess the app can find out
things like xid's of individual windows.) I know
vaguely there's some way for an X application to
request that it be raised: is there anything like this
that can work with Ion3 regarding becoming active?

(I can understand that this is a "request" in that the
WM might decide it shouldn't obey the request, say, if
the app has blacklisted by the user.)

cheers,
dave tweed


Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com 

Reply via email to