Hi Matthieu!

Thanks for your help.

>> $ ionflux -e 'mod_query.query_workspace(_)'
>>>> mod_query.lua:44: attempt to index local `mplex' (a nil value)
>> Error: >> mod_query.lua:44: attempt to index local `mplex' (a nil value)
>>
>>
>> I think, the problem is the _ above. But I have no idea what I should
>> use instead of _ for the call to ionflux.
>
> Yes. The _ is defined when you execute lua code from ion itself, and
> its value is the context it was called from.
>
> mod_query.query_workspace(ioncore.find_screen_id(0))
>
> should do what you want (you can get the "0" from $DISPLAY is you have
> several screens).

The following works, but I get an error message:

% ionflux -e 'mod_query.show_about_ion(ioncore.find_screen_id(0))'
Error: >> [string "return tostring(arg[1]())"]:1: bad argument #1 to `tostring' 
(value expected)


Every time I run a command via ionflux, I get that error message

I use:
ion-3ds-20050116 ion3-mod-ionflux-20050418 from ubuntu


Any ideas, what causes that error messages?

And, is it possible to run a lua function and give a string result
back to the calling ionflux?


Stefan.

Reply via email to