On 2007-03-06, Michael Vanier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that real users compile everything from
> source -- just Ion.  I myself use both Debian unstable and Ubuntu.  I only
> compile things from scratch if they are programs that I really care about
> and that aren't current enough in the distros.

If only everyone bothered to compile the package from source when on
ancient Debian, instead of trying the old development snapshot they
provide, and then complaining.

And, yeah, I also can't be bothered compiling software myself, except
a few rare ones. But for the bulk of it, even source based distros
demand too much in my experience. Debian sucks, but everything else
sucks just as much, in other ways. Debian could easily suck a bit
less, if they only froze a stable base system, and instead spent more
effort on backports.org.

--
Tuomo