On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 02:31:52 -0500 (EST)
"Benjamin R. Haskell" <i...@benizi.com> wrote:

> Based mostly on the latest "Shit-or-rama [Was: mod_xinerama]" thread
> [1], I'm not optimistic about Ion emulating this setup. But is it an
> accurate statement that there is no nice way to use ion3 such that I
> get:

I use mod_xinerama, xrandr, and lua script that changes ion's session
string via ioncore.set_paths(). This suffices, as I need to restart ion3
(but not X nor applications) every time I switch xrandr configuration.
This way I have one saved layout for each xrandr configuration I tried.

Also I created lua binding to attach a client to _root_ window ->
"both screens full screen". I use global variable to remember which
frame was the client attached to, thus the function is able to put the
client to "normal" state again.

Note that I use patched mod_xinerama, because original mod_xinerama
doesn't allow ion3 to shutdown/restart properly. The one line change was
posted to the list by someone already.

--
                                 Tomáš 'ebík' Ebenlendr
                                 http://get.to/ebik