I have very limited experience with web services and hosting, but I've set
up a temporary
dokuwiki [1] at http://folk.ntnu.no/bronner/ion3wiki
(Temporary as in I don't really have a proper host. Maybe someone else
has?)

My thought is that the wiki can contain an extended FAQ, further
documentation of lua scripting, and maybe some guide to the C code base.
(and other stuff people want there of course)
It could also serve as a temporary home for new user scripts / patches to
existing ones until the source control issue is resolved.

Suggestions and comments are welcome. eg. if dokuwiki a good choice?

Old wiki:
http://web.archive.org/web/20060524031132/ereb.us/ion-wiki/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

[1] http://www.dokuwiki.org/dokuwiki

--