Hi Vasiliy,

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 03:38:07PM +0400, Olekhov Vasiliy wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> To begin with, here is screenshot:
> http://forumbgz.ru/user/upload/file10231.png
>
> the system is Gentoo, font "Terminus". this is raster font.
> As you can see, xterm recognizes it and renders it perfect.
> The titletabs and statusbar use same font, but cyrillic characters are
> substituted from another font.
> The locale is ru_RU.UTF-8, and ion recognizes it. At least at
> ioncore/ioncore.c check_encoding()
> returns TRUE and sets ioncore_g.enc_mb=TRUE and enc_utf8=TRUE.
>
> any suggestions?

This is because of an incorrect X locale (en_US.UTF-8 for older Xlib
versions, ru_RU.UTF-8 for newer), and is mentioned on the Ion website
(http://modeemi.fi/~tuomov/ion/faq/broken_software.html).

You'll need to replace the file
/usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/XLC_LOCALE to something like this:

https://files.getdropbox.com/u/725005/XLC_LOCALE

If you are using Gentoo, I suggest you to use the following modified
ebuild for Xlib:

https://files.getdropbox.com/u/725005/libX11-1.1.5.ebuild

(it expects to find the replacement XLC_LOCALE in its files
directory).

With best regards,
     Vladimir