On 2009-08-14, Javier Rojas <jeroja...@devnull.li> wrote:
> I think is possible to avoid such behaviour by checking the tiling
> (or the ws) to close the frame only when there are more frames in the
> tiling. But I don't know how to ask Ion about how many frames are in a
> tiling (or in a workspace). Any suggestions?

One possibility is using WTiling.managed_i to go through
the list of objects managed by the tiling. RTFM on details,
but, e.g., the following snippet in Mod1+F3 prints the names
of everything (except the somewhat transient stdisp) managed
by the tiling:

_:manager():managed_i(function(x)
                          print(x:name())
                          return true
                      end)

_ is the frame in which Mod1+F3 is opened, _:manager() is
typically the tiling object on tiled workspaces, etc. The
function must return true to continue iteration, false
(or nil) to stop iteration. Just replace the print with
something that sets a (local) variable outside the iterated
function to frame count, and stop iteration if this has
become at least two.

--
In 1995, Linux was almost a bicycle; an alternative way of live to the
Windows petrol beasts that had to be taken to the dealer for service.