De : ion-general-boun...@lists.berlios.de
[mailto:ion-general-boun...@lists.berlios.de] De la part de Javier Rojas
Envoyé : jeudi 10 septembre 2009 04:27
À : ion-general@lists.berlios.de
Objet : Re: how to put a background image

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 11:03:17AM +0200, reza wrote:
> to put a background image to my desktops. I have installed imagemagick
> and trried to put an image using the display command :
>
> a...@ramscan:~$ display -window root images/Bionix\ Wallpaper\ -\
> Robot\ Sit.jpg
>
> But it doesn't works. Any idea please ?

I think the "issue" (not really an issue, but a "feature") is that ion draws a
(flat) background for all the frames it uses, and because of that you can't see
your wallpaper (the frame background is on top of it). Try creating an empty
workspace after setting the wallpaper. If you can see your wallpaper, then all
you must do now is to make the frames transparent, so your wallpaper can be
seen in all the desktops. To do that

  1. locate the "look" theme that ion is using
  2. edit it, adding the following

                de.defstyle("frame", {
                        based_on="*",
                        transparent_background = true,
                  }
                )

     put that text after the 'de.defstyle("*", {' section

  3. restart ion.

Hope this helps,

--
Javier Rojas