Hello,
I'm very happy to see that I am not the only one who is using ion3 and thinks
about the future (I already posted about this at the archlinux forums). I fully
support the idea of forking it, choosing a new project name and continuing the
development.

I would suggest the following name:
- nion (interesting about this name is, while it would be an acronym for
not-ion, it is also the irish name of the fifth letter of the Ogham alphabet an
probably meaning "fork" as I read at wikipedia and what we are doing here is a
fork, isn't it? :) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nion)

If I could be of any help (e.g. taking one of the managing positions Timandahaf
mentioned), I would be glad to do it.

Best regards

--
Alexander Rink <a.r...@gmx.net>