There are lots of examples in the iotivity code base.

In resource/examples, there is a simpleclientserver.cpp which is a unified
example - but in the same directory there is also a simpleclient.cpp and a
simpleserver.cpp which show a divided approach.  There are many other
examples in that directory. There is a new ocf_light subdirectory that
shows a rather complete example of making a simple server.

hope these can help show the way - please feel free to come back and ask
more questions.