From: Gregg Reynolds [mailto:d...@mobileink.com]
Sent: Friday, May 4, 2018 5:09 PM
To: Scott King <scott.k...@fkabrands.com>
Cc: Thiago Macieira <thiago.macie...@intel.com>; iotivity-dev
<iotivity-dev@lists.iotivity.org>
Subject: Re: [dev] Android Thingies

On Fri, May 4, 2018, 3:47 PM Scott King
<scott.k...@fkabrands.com<mailto:scott.k...@fkabrands.com>> wrote:
Greg,

You were on the right track by calling out the W3C because their web-of-things
architecture is addressing the issues that you raised, and there’s already an
iotivity integration for it, however it appears to be inactive. I think you’ll
find these links quite useful/informative.

Thank you for the links.
https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/#sec-building-blocks
https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/#sec-servient-architecture
(weeping) "servient" architecture? Could someone just shoot me now? I have once
again lost the will to live.

Invention of bogus "technical" terminology is a sure sign of intellectual
impoverishment.
https://w3c.github.io/wot-scripting-api/
https://www.theinternetofthings.eu/michael-koster-i-am-building-wot-servient-based-iotivity-ocf-open-connectivity-foiundation-resource
No offense intended but as far as I can see WoT is a complete waste of time.
Kinda like W3C?  RDF, anybody? Semantic web? Didn't think so.

Gregg