On 05/14/2018 10:58 AM, Gregg Reynolds wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've got Iotivity building with Bazel. It was surprizingly easy and the
> result is surprizingly simple.

so just out of curiosity... I've heard about bazel the comment - perhaps
not criticism, but assessment - that it really likes the Google model of
dependency management, namely, "you always get the latest of
everything", and is not as amenable to keeping fixed/known versions of
dependencies in play.  we're very much in the latter camp, in fact it's
been uncomfortably hard to keep step with our dependencies (extlibs
pieces, in other words), and we have quite a bit of scons material
dedicated to holding back versions of things to something "known", where
"known" sometimes involves patches that upstream doesn't even want.

How does your conversion experience square with this?  Have I just
gotten the wrong impression?  You said the extlibs stuff was working fine.

-- mats

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links:

View/Reply Online (#9581):