Hi Gregg, Mats (changing topic to reflect content),

Good question and the answer is we definitely prefer things to be logged in
Jira first, and then triaged second.  The key things are to:
a) assign to the right maintainer (see Wiki projects listing)
b) assign P1 if the issue causes a CTT failure, else P2 or P3
c) make sure to fill in required fields and emphasize repro instructions and
attach debug logs whenever possible.

One problem we face right now is that we have areas of IoTivity that lack
active maintainers, so there is a chance the issue may just sit idle.  However,
with our move to Lite, I think we will see a dramatic improvement both in bug
count/technical debt and also in the responsiveness of maintainer or bug owner.
 The IoTivity release for Cleveland2 Spec Version (2.1.1? TBD...) will be the
last IoTivity version that is asserted by OCF to pass all mandatory CTT tests.
After that, Lite will take over as both the first choice for productization,
and also the feature-leader for Spec Implementation (in branches where
appropriate).

As we get closer to the release of Cleveland2 IoTivity and the cut-over to
Dubai version (using Lite) I'll make a more formal/documented announcement to
this effect, but figured I might as well share, since what I've written above
is what OCF agreed on at the OCF technical F2F in Hillsboro two weeks ago.

Thanks,
Nathan