Hi all,

Thanks for attending the call this week. My notes are included below.

=== Updates ===

DTrace GPLed in Dec 2017
- To help with Oracle Linux port
- Should we take dtrace kernel code into linux?
  - opinion: probably not necessary now, more applicable 5 years ago
- How about dtrace frontend?
  - may have more short term value
  - combine with bpftrace?
  - who would work on it?
  - userspace tools are now UPL - how does that work with apache2?
- CTF
  - currently forking the format into BTF
  - exceed 32k types, other limitations
  - still, is the code useful to combine?

bpfilter announcement
- lots of lwn/reddit/hackernews comments

Brenden:
- Fixes for python3 string encoding
  - please test tools with python3 -W and submit PRs/issues
- todo: push clang ir rewriter to github branch

Yonghong:
- Kernel related bugfixes
  - memory leak in shared lpm map

Daniel:
- bpfilter work
- retpoline work in tail call code of x86 jit
  - also arm64

John:
- some more sockmap changes
  - tx hooks
  - more testing, cleanup
  - optimizations in followup patches

Joe:
- Soliciting feedback for socket sharing patches
  - looking into storing data along with socket
    - scratch accessible from bpf program
- How to protect scratch area?
  - new lock helper idea

Sargun:
- Asking for feedback on seccomp ebpf changes
  - desires access to read-only map for
  - use case for scratch buffer primitive as well

Brendan:
- New pcp-bcc-pmda plugin by redhat
  - tbd: integrate into vector

Jesper: