Here is a good starting link:  https://fasterdata.es.net/host-tuning/linux/

Speaking for iperf2, the -w window size sets the socket buffer size.

There has been a lot of effort to reduce the windows per the buffer bloat
problem <https://fasterdata.es.net/host-tuning/linux/>.

What exactly are you trying to influence with TCP by adjusting the window
sizes?

If you use iperf 2.0.11 <https://sourceforge.net/projects/iperf2/> with -e
and --vary-load you can get an idea how the congestion window and the RTT
are responding per the TCP offered load.

Bob