On zondag, jul 6, 2003, at 22:51 Europe/Amsterdam, dave wrote:


Hello,
I've got an ipfilter firewall that i'm tightening down. I'm allowing out
only specific services, right now the one i'd like to let out is news, port
119 i believe, ntp is another one, port 123 i think.
For news i've got internal clients using outlook express to connect to
my isp's nntp server, but the firewall isn't letting the traffic out or in,
it seems as if the source ports change, ntp is the same way. Any
suggestions?
Thanks.
Dave.




source ports change for clients, destination ports on the servers do not.


--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams




Reply via email to