Hi all.

I'm trying to get SOL running on a 1UIPMI card (H8SSL-i MB).
I've got it working on a SIMSO+ (Woodcrest).

When setting up the system, I do

> ipmitool lan print 1
> # IP address will be set in /etc/init.d/rc.local
> ipmitool user list 1
> ipmitool user set name 7 ROOT
> ipmitool user set password 7 VERRATICHNICHT
> ipmitool enable 7
> ipmitool disable 2
> ipmitool user list 1
> ipmitool sol info 1

and everything looks good.

"ipmitool user list" on the SIMSO+ gives

> 2   ADMIN            true    false      true       ADMINISTRATOR
> 7   ROOT             true    false      true       ADMINISTRATOR

and "ipmitool sol activate" works for both ROOT and ADMIN.

On the 1UIPMI

> 2   ADMIN            true    true       true       ADMINISTRATOR
> 3                    true    true       true       NO ACCESS
> 4                    true    true       true       NO ACCESS
> 5                    true    true       true       NO ACCESS
> 6                    true    true       true       NO ACCESS
> 7   ROOT             true    true       true       ADMINISTRATOR
> 8                    true    true       true       NO ACCESS
> 9                    true    true       true       NO ACCESS
> 10                   true    true       true       NO ACCESS

"sol activate" works for ADMIN only. As ROOT I get

> Info: SOL payload disabled

Any idea (what to check, what to try next) is welcome.

Cheers
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * MPI Grav.Phys.(AEI) * Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam
Cluster Admin * http://pandora.aei.mpg.de/merlin/ * http://www.aei.mpg.de/